₹1 – ₹3,600
The Badminton facility is one of the most popular facilities in the sports complex. The facility has two indoor courts with wooden flooring. Members throng the indoor courts for daily practise. Coaching is also provided in Basic and Advanced categories in this section by renowned international players and coaches Sanjay Sharma and Hubert Miranda. Besides the regulation home tournament, this section also organises a Premier League which is loosely styled on the Indian Badminton League. The badminton courts have also served as a venue for several state and district level badminton and table tennis tournaments. Our badminton playing members Lalita Katre and Cherish D’Souza have represented India at junior level in international tournaments. The MCF badminton team has also won the G D Birla Memorial Badminton Tournament in 2015 and 2016.
The badminton sub-committee is the representation of the playing members of the section and recommends suitable amendments to playing rules, conducting tournaments, addition of facilities, grievances of the members etc to the managing committee during their annual tenure.
The present sub-committee for the year 2017 – 2018 is as follows:
|Name||M/Ship.No.||Mobile No.||Res. No.|
|Mr. Jitendra S. Roy (Convener)||LM/0349/1||9322255911|
|Mr. Jigar Shah||LM/1741/2||7715870805/8879994645|
|Mr. Milind Kolekar||LM/3768/1||9004826463|
|Mr. Sherryl George||AM/2675||9820324610|
|Dr. Makrand Damle||LM/3620/1||9820310028|
|Mr. Rajendra Sapre||AM/4126||9702890447|
|Mr. Anup Shetty||AM/1940||9820994009|
|Mr. Prashant Saraf||AM/5094||9820239109|
|Mr. Gautam Shetty||AM/5440||9769627672|
|Mr. Aakash Wagh||AM/4127||9594436684|
|Ms. Reha Rocque||AM/2539||9665487131|
Sectional Fees for (2017 – 2018):
|SECTION||Fees (Rs)||CGST @ 9%||SGST @ 9%||Total (Rs)|
*Sr. Citizens, Ladies & Students below 18 years
One time Guest Charges:
|Fees||CGST @ 9%||SGST @9%||Total||Fees||CGST @ 9%||SGST @ 9%||Total|
|Reservation Badminton Court||127.00||11.00||11.00||149.00||170.00||15.00||15.00||200.00|
*General Entry charges as applicable
**Casual Members are defined as persons who are members of the sports complex but have not paid sectional fees in that section.
Reservation of two courts from 12.00 noon to 3.00 pm by School, Public/Private Organizations
Maximum no. of participants
|Option A||Option B|
|Rs. 25/- per entry||Rs. 500/- per hour||Rs. 5,000/- for 3 hours||50|
|Coaching Category||Batch Timings|
|Basic & Intermediate||5.00 pm – 6.00 pm|
|6.00 pm – 7.00 pm|
|Advanced||7.00 pm – 8.00 pm|
|8.00 pm – 9.00 pm|
Coaching Scheme Fees:
|Period||Total||CGST @ 9%||SGST @ 9%||Total|
|Mr. Hundert Miranda|
|Mr. Sanjay Sharma|
Mr. Hubert Miranda (Advanced),
Mr. Sanjay Sharma (Advance Special)
Badminton rules :
- Members desirous of availing of this facility, shall pay the prescribed sectional fees in advance.
- The number of members to be admitted will be decided by the Management taking into consideration the maximum capacity this facility can offer.
- Admission will be on First-come-first-served basis.
- Admission will be closed as soon as the required Members are admitted to this facility.
- The playing timings shall be displayed on the Notice Board and the Members will have to adhere to them rigidly.
- There shall be two sessions of play i.e. morning and evening.
- The courts will be available for play to the Members on “First-Come-First-Served” basis.
- Shuttles will be provided by the Management to the Members, when their turn for play comes. The same will be issued to them against their Identity Cards. The cards will be returned to the Members concerned on their returning the material issued to them after play. However, Members will have to bring their own Racquets.
- It shall be the responsibility of the individual members to use the equipment properly so as not to cause any damage.
- Only one shuttle will be issued for each court. Replacement will be given only on production of the shuttle damaged or gone out of shape.
- A member shall sign the register maintained by the Attendant prior to starting play.
- Members will be allowed to play one game at a time. However, they can continue if no other member is waiting to play. They can play singles if other Members are not available for play. However, if other Members are ready to play, they should play doubles.
- The game already started should not be disturbed.
- In case play is on on both the courts, other members will have to wait their turn.
- Warming up shall be allowed for maximum of one minute only. The game will have to be started immediately thereafter.
- Members will not be allowed to introduce any guest for the time being.
- Members shall maintain absolute decorum and discipline in the playing area.
- Decision of the person in charge will be binding on all the Members.
- Complaints and suggestions shall be made in writing to the authorities concerned.
- Members will have to adhere to the rules strictly.
- All types of drinks and eatables are strictly prohibited inside the playing area. Smoking/chewing of pan/pan masala is also prohibited.
- The Management shall be the sole authority for interpretation of the Rules and their decision shall be final and binding.
- The Management reserves its right to repeal, alter, add or amend the Rules, when conditions warrant.
N/A, Mr. Hundert Miranda, Mr. Sanjay Sharma
Yearly, SC/LD/ST (Y), Half Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly
N/A, Beginners, Advance